Thanks for playing Know Your City! Let’s review the questions:
- What was the original name given to Cincinnati and what did it mean?
- According to the latest Cincy census data, what gender is in the majority?
- What unique place in history does The Jewish Hospital — Mercy Health hold?
And here are the answers:
- The settlement’s original surveyor, John Filson, named the territory Losantiville. The name means “The city opposite the mouth of the river.” It seems that Filson was a very literal person.
- Women, but only by 1% (51% women, 49% men)
- Mercy holds the legacy of being the FIRST Jewish hospital in the United States, founded in 1850.