Here are the questions:
- What are the names of the two stone lions that stand in front of McMicken Hall and are among the most popular symbols of the university?
- Which popular television family was conceived by a UC alumnus?
- What three alums of the Cincinnati Conservatory of Music (CCM) have won Grammy Awards in, we might add, very different genres?
- Mick and Mack have guarded the front lawn of the university since 1904. They are copies of statues that stand in the Loggia del Lanzi in Florence, Italy.
- The Waltons–Earl Hamner graduated from UC with a degree in broadcast communications.
- Dixieland trumpeter Al Hirt (CCM ’41, HonDoc ’68) won a Grammy for a non-jazz instrumental (“Java”) in 1963 and was nominated for 20 more Grammys; Tennessee Ernie Ford, att. CCM ’30s, won a Grammy in 1964 for his album “Great Gospel Songs.”; Opera singer Kathleen Battle, (CCM ’70, MM ’71, HonDoc ’83) has won three Grammy Awards — one in 1986 and two in 1987.