Here’s a review of the questions:
- Name the Cincinnati venue that played host to the Beatles in 1966. Bonus question: the singer and songwriter of the 1966 radio hit “Sunny” was one of three acts that opened for the Beatles in Cincinnati. What was his name?
- Which Cincinnati native is one of only four US Soccer players to win three Gold Medals?
- In 1965, the Daoud brothers, Dave, Charlie, Frank, and Basheer, changed the name of their restaurant, Hamburger Heaven, to what name that is now top-of-mind for lovers of authentic Cincinnati chili?
And here are the answers:
- Like their Shea Stadium and Ed Sullivan Show appearances, the Beatles’ concert at Crosley Field on August 21, 1966 lives on in infamy for those who attended the momentous event. Opening with Chuck Berry’s “Rock & Roll Music” and closing with Little Richard’s “Long Tall Sally,” the show took place on a hot, humid Sunday, after being rained out the night before. Concert openers included the Ronettes (minus Ronnie Spector) and Bobby Hebb, whose hit “Sunny” was all over the radio that year.
- Born in 1978, Heather Mitts has made the Queen City proud on the soccer field and beyond. After graduating high school, she attended the University of Florida, then went on to represent the US in more than 100 soccer matches. Appearing in the 2004, 2008 and 2012 Olympic Games, Mitts helped her teams take home the gold in three consecutive Olympics. She also won three FIFA championships, was a spokesperson for Evian and Adidas and eventually took her talents to TV, as a commentator for FOX Sports.
- Lovers of Cincinnati chili may argue about who makes it better – Skyline or Gold Star, but there is no denying the success story that the family from Jordan created when its Mount Washington hamburger joint was transfigured into a Gold Star Chili. Like other originators of the local delicacy, the Daoud family introduced exotic spices from the Middle East to give their recipe its unique flavor. Today there are nearly 30 Gold Star restaurants throughout the region.
Thanks for playing!