Here’s a review of the questions:
- Who was the Hamilton, OH-born comedian and game show host who tragically took his own life in 1996?
- This restaurant north of Cincinnati serves world-renowned barbecue ribs and sells its own sauce. Opened in 1951, it has fans worldwide, including Rosemary Clooney, who served its cuisine at her own wedding reception!
- What is the name of the live music venue on Vine Street that has hosted rock royalty, from U2 and the Police to James Brown and Snoop Dog, and was originally opened in 1905 as “The Nordland Plaza Nickelodeon?”
And here are the answers:
- Ray Combs. Combs was a charismatic and immensely likable TV personality. He appeared on the “Tonight Show” with Johnny Carson in 1986, receiving a standing ovation. Soon afterward, he took over as host of The Family Feud. In 1991, he opened the Cincinnati Comedy Connection inside the now-defunct Tower Place Mall. Combs tragically committed suicide while being treated for depression in 1996
- The Montgomery Inn has served its decadent pork loin ribs and other delicacies to 5 American presidents, and a slew of famous celebrities, from Bob Hope to Elton John.
- Bogart’s can accommodate 1,500 people, with a space that includes three levels and six bar locations. Inside the entrance, there are bricks painted with the names of the incredible acts that played there. There’s even a “secret show” in 1984—Prince took the stage and promoted the newly released “Purple Rain” soundtrack to the stunned audience.
Thanks for playing!