Here’s a review of this week’s questions:
- What is the name of the microbrewery on Madison Road in Cincinnati that is located in a converted warehouse?
- What is the name of the large-scale botanical garden in Cincinnati that is filled with everything from bonsai collections to man-made waterfalls and a huge display of orchids?
- This entertainment center in Milton, Ohio, 25 miles outside of Cincinnati, features arcade games, indoor go-karts, laser tag, bumper cars and more! What is its name?
And here are the answers:
- Mad Tree Brewery. Opened in 2012, Mad Tree Brewery stands out among the Queen City’s many breweries, running their business more like an environmentally conscious manufacturer of sustainable goods than a microbrewery and restaurant. The beers themselves are unique and delicious, with offerings like “Phantom Forest,” “Midwest Luau” and “Galaxy High.” The taproom on Madison offers Catch-a-Fire Pizza, and customers can “toss a buck for the planet,” helping Mad Tree to support numerous local non-profits.
- Krohn Conservatory. Since its opening in 1933, Krohn Conservatory has thrilled the senses of locals and visitors with exhibits that showcase amazing plants and flowers. There are currently more than 3500 plant species on display from around the world. The conservatory’s Butterfly Show allows thousands of butterflies to fly freely in a specially themed garden that is also currently displaying sculpture by internationally acclaimed artist Dominic Benhura.
- Scene 75 Entertainment Center. Part of a chain of six area locations, Milton’s Scene 75 offers fun and games for fun-seekers of all ages. Opened in 2012, it all began as a wish by Jonah Sandler to enter a family business venture with his father. Family, education, entrepreneurship, and an emphasis on supporting the region have all accumulated to his success, and unique attractions like Blacklight Mini-Golf, a 4-D Motion Theater and a “Toddler Town” with incredible inflatables have helped him to provide the kind of fun that the locals just can’t get enough of.