Here are this week’s trivia questions:
- From what establishment would you be able to order a 6-pound pretzel?
- A woodworker named Mark Singer visited Indonesia in 1994 and was introduced to an industrial glue. He introduced it to the North America in 1999. What is the name of his company, now based in Sharonville?
- What Grammy-nominated poet, activist and author grew up in Lincoln Heights?
Here are the answers:
- Servatii Pastry Shop—Servatii’s founder, Wilhelm Gottenbusch, a German immigrant, came to the United States in 1963, and opened his first bakery on Observatory Avenue in Hyde Park. Wilhelm and his sons have expanded and grown over the last 50 years.
- Gorilla Glue—Singer was visiting a furniture factory in Indonesia where he first saw the moisture-cured polyurethane “miracle glue.”
- Nikki Giovanni – Giovanni was born in Tennessee but grew up in Cincy. Her parents taught at Glenview School. She fondly recounts her time at Lincoln Heights here.
Thanks for playing!