Here’s a review of the questions:
- Big Bone Lick is now a state park in Kentucky, located about 25 miles southwest of Cincy. What is historically significant about the park?
- What is unique about the Cincinnati Fire Department?
- The Cincinnati Observatory holds astronomy programs and historical tours. What historically significant piece of equipment is located there?
And here are the answers!
- Big Bone Lick was where the first documented fossils of Ice Age mammals were discovered. The fossils were found in a 1807 expedition undertaken by William Clark at the direction of President Thomas Jefferson.
- In 1853, the Cincinnati Fire Department became the first full-time paid professional fire department in the U.S., and the first in the world to use steam fire engines.
- The Cincinnati Observatory boasts the oldest telescope in the United States, which is still in use.
Thanks for playing!