Here’s a review of the questions:
- Which Hollywood star attended numerous Xavier University basketball games while his son was an assistant coach at the school?
- Which R&B superstar has their likeness depicted on a huge mural at the corner of Main and Liberty Streets in Cincinnati?
- Cincinnati’s pro basketball team, the Cincinnati Royals, became what modern day NBA team?
And here are the answers:
- Bill Murray. Murray’s son Luke was an assistant coach under Chris Mack at Xavier. When Mack took the job at Louisville, Luke Murray was invited to make the move as well. Not surprisingly, Bill Murray is now a Cards fan who spends quite a bit of his time in Louisville.
- James Brown. Brown’s first recordings were released on Cincinnati-based King Records. The studio was located on Brewster Avenue until 1975.
- The Sacramento Kings. From 1957 to 1972, the Royals struggled to compete in the NBA, then relocated to Kansas City and eventually to Sacramento in 1985.
Thanks for playing!