Here’s a review of the questions:
- Cincy’s Kutol Products Company, Inc., has been manufacturing cleaning products since 1912. What side product are they responsible for creating?
- We all know Cincy’s connection to chili, but what other fast food item was created by a McDonald’s franchise owner in the city?
- We love us some Graeter’s ice cream. What makes Graeter’s ice cream production process different than any other in the world?
And here are the answers!
- PlayDoh–One of Kutol’s first products was wallpaper cleaner. It was a putty-like flour-based material that was the foundation of the totally cool modeling compound kids everywhere adore.
- The Filet-O-Fish–In 1962, Lou Green, created the sandwich in an attempt to give the many Catholics of Cincinnati something to eat on Fridays during Lent.
- Graeter’s is the only commercial ice cream maker in the world to use a French pot freezerer, a 2-gallon metal bowl that spins, forcing the product to the sides to freeze. The frozen parts are scraped off the walls of the French pot with a mechanical corkscrew blade and by hand, with a paddle until it all comes together into a frozen mass.
Thanks for playing!