Here’s a review of the questions:
- What is the name of the Cincinnati delicacy, sometimes simply described as “fried mush,” that was introduced by German immigrants to the Queen City and remains a popular breakfast item at many local diners and cafes?
- In November 1971, Pink Floyd was one of four musical acts that performed concerts at this legendary Cincinnati theater. Name the venue, and as a bonus, on what street is it located?
- What is the name of the “boy band” from Cincinnati that won a Billboard Music Award in 1999, as well as a Kid’s Choice Award and three Teen Choice Awards?
And here are the answers:
Thanks for playing!
- The Goetta made at Glier’s Meats in Covington, KY is sold throughout the region at Kroger and Meijer stores. Glier’s advertises their product as “containing nutritious Steel-Cut Oats,” which might make it sound healthier than it is…but it certainly is delicious! The origins of Goetta are that it was made from a combination of ground meat and oats in an attempt to conserve the amount of meat being used per family per breakfast. What matters now is that companies like Glier’s combine the meat and oats with tasty herbs and seasonings to create the perfect accompaniment to eggs and omelets. And get this – there is even a Goettafest, being held this summer on the Levee in Newport KY!
- The Taft Theater, located at 317 East Fifth Street, is a grandly refurbished theatre originally opened in 1928. After years of mostly plays and orchestral concerts, the theatre had its first “contemporary” concerts in 1971, featuring not only Pink Floyd, but the Beach Boys and Alice Cooper. It has gone on to host everyone from Wilco to Kansas, including comedians Brian Regan and Bob Saget.
- 98 Degrees consisted of brothers Nick and Drew Lachey as well as Jeff Timmons and Justin Jeffre, all of whom were from the Cincinnati area. Despite humble beginnings singing as a barbershop quartet at Kings Island, they went on to become one of the most popular musical acts of the 1990s. They sold over 10 million records worldwide and achieved 8 Top 40 hit singles in the United States. Nick Lachey eventually married Jessica Simpson, both appearing on the popular TV show “Newlyweds” before splitting up in 2006.
Thanks for playing!