Here’s a review of the questions:
- The Flying Pig Marathon has grown substantially since its start in 1999. What was unique about the race in 2011?
- What was Cincy-born Fred Baur famous for?
- Albert C. Carter was the son of a Cincinnati clairvoyant. What did he invent?
And here are the answers:
- With a record registration of more than 30,000 runners, the 13th running of the Flying Pig Marathon the winner of the Women’s division, Mary McDonaugh, was legally blind.
- Fred Baur was an organic chemist who was most notable for designing and patenting the Pringles can which gave Procter & Gamble a way to uniformly stack chips. Per his request, at his death his children buried his ashes in a Pringles can.
- Carter invented the Magic Eight Ball, which was inspired by a spirit writing device his mom used in her practice. Was the invention a success? It is decidedly so.
Thanks for playing!