Parallax gets contract from MATRIX

Beavercreek-based Parallax Advanced Research has been awarded $97.5 million for the Air Force Research Laboratory’s (AFRL) Mission Analytics Technology and Research for Innovative eXploitation (MATRIX) contract. Parallax aims to conduct research and development in three technical areas: multi-source analytics, joint all-domain systems analytics, and machine learning analytics. In a press release, Congressman Mike Turner said, “This contract will help Parallax Advanced Research advance their operations so they can improve technologies and research, all while ensuring our military heroes are safer and better equipped to protect our country.”

Covington co. gets funds for Alzheimer’s research

A Covington company is one of seven in Kentucky that will receive nearly $900,000 in state matching grants to support high-paying jobs and further grow the state’s technology industry. Gen Nine Inc. is developing a new platform designed to support the independence of seniors with Alzheimer’s disease and related conditions. Called Auracle, the system provides low-cost, autonomous sensor tracking and cellular communication functions supported by advanced AI hardware that hasn’t previously been employed in the field. The $899,070 in grants is part of the Commonwealth’s nationally recognized Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Matching Funds Program. The funds, in part, will match $8.71 million in federal grants the businesses will collectively receive.

MSD of Cincinnati to use IoT units to test water

The Metropolitan Sewer District of Greater Cincinnati is going to be piloting a technology solution to gain a better understanding of its wastewater network and more advanced sampling methods. They will use strategically placed IoT units that contain real-time sensors that read the quality and quantity of wastewater flowing. “So what we’re doing is bringing this technology of the IoT and AI to give decision-makers and operators the ability to make better decisions and act upon those problems,” said Ricardo Gilead, CTO of Kando, which supplied the Pulse solution.

Miami University team wins demo day competition

Bloxsmith, a Web 3.0 startup created by a pair of Miami University students took the top spot at the Draper University Demo Day competition, beating out more than 50 other startups from two dozen countries. Bloxsmith is a platform that allows game developers to sell their 3D model creations for interoperable use across major metaverse platforms such as Roblox, Decentraland, Mutate, and The Sandbox, among others.

Prescription filling robot

Replacing an automated system that was 25 years old, The Christ Hospital introduced a new prescription-filling robot that sorts 6,000 doses of medication a day. The robot can take the human error out of filling prescriptions and eliminate a huge cost associated with these issues. The XR2 robot prepares 95 percent of prescription orders at the hospital. Humans process the other 5 percent to check for errors.